Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Big Girl Now

It started off as one of those days. Princess woke up in her occasional funk. Nothing was right. She wanted milk, no she wanted juice. She didn't want a waffle, she didn't want eggs. Nothing would do. We attempted to go to church, when we arrived at the childcare room there was no Dick or Jane to be found. Babbette was busy greeting, Princess was not having it. I have never seen her lose it like that! Needless to say we had to go home. By the time we got home it was nap time. Finally a break from the screaming. Little did I know that two and a half hours later my life would change drastically.
Like any other day Hubby went in to Princess' room to get her up from her nap. However this day was unlike any days that had come before. He walked in to quite the spectacle. With a smile from ear to ear, our tiny little 24 pound two-year old was balanced over the side of her crib. She wasn't stuck, she could get back into her crib and do it again. The decision was made then and there, it was time for a big girl bed.
Gone are the days of knowing that I could just stick her in her crib when she was tired. She is now a big girl, free to get in and out of her bed as she pleases.
So far tonight she has fallen asleep without moving from the spot we laid her. We will see how it goes from here. I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

My kids are STILL not free to move in and out of bed as they please! I'll have to tell you about their first nights in "big beds" sometime! : )

Ok, so now that they're 12 & 9, I guess they do get in and out as they please, but for a few years I had 'em exactly where I wanted 'em!

Have fun with the training!

Anonymous said...

WOW... She sure is a big girl. I really want to see you all again soon, we will need to plan something. It sounds like her becoming a "big girl" will have it's challenges. Good Luck!

Alida said...

I've been so lucky with Luke. He'll wake up in the morning and call out, "Mom, can I come to your bed?" He won't just get up.

I hope you'll be lucky in that sense too!