Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Post Partum No Clothes Depression

I am suffering from Post Partum No Clothes Depression.
I am sure that is the scientific term for it. Someone out there has to have made it official. If there is no official term I think mine will do just fine. Let me explain it to you if you don't already know. (i.e. you are a man) I had a baby 7 weeks and 1 day ago. He is an adorable little addition to our family and I love him to pieces. However, I have nothing to wear. Last week I had the bright idea to switch out all my maternity clothes with regular clothes. BAD IDEA! Not only do I not fit in my pre pregnancy jeans, but I don't even fit in my fat jeans.
I know this is completely superficial but I am saving my husband the trouble of answering that lovely question in the back of my head "Honey, do you still think I am attractive?"
Anyways, Hollywood makes us believe that we can pop out babies and then be ready for the Victoria's Secret Runway in a month.
I am sorry but I am nowhere near runway shape. The road map scrawled out on my tummy points in the opposite direction of a runway.
I did sign up for a gym membership last night, so hopefully my clothes will fit soon!
I do need to gush a little bit about my hubby now though. I find myself complaining about my stretch marks often lately. The other night dear hubby got upset with me and told me not to complain about them anymore. He said he thought they were beautiful and they stood for something that meant more to him than any perfectly tan flawless tummy.
Talk about a tear jerker!
My ruff and tumble hubby had a mushy moment, and I loved it.
I dedicate this post to my love for the person who invented the cotton Lycra blend. Without them I would be naked.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister! It is so very difficult to be post-pregnancy and dealing with everything, and the added difficulty of not fitting into pre-preg clothes.

After birthing 5 babies, my body too bears the scars and marks.

I'm glad you are gaining some perspective on it from your husband, that is very sweet and encouraging for you to have an understanding spouse!

I love that you are blogging now :) Off to go add you to my side bar!

momaof4 said...

Oh! I always wondered how those girls did it. Lots of help!! In every area I am sure. If I had all that money I would share with you. I pray you get back into those jeans soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie - I invite you to come "shopping" at my house. My weight has gone up and down like a yoyo since your husband (my son) was born. I have sizes 8-18 avaialble - which is why I have clothes in 3 closets. Come early, stay late. The comment Richard made about your stretch marks brought tears to my eyes, because he is so right, and I am glad he has a deep understanding....after all, look what he did to my body!!! :) I LOVE YOU!

Valerie of Momia said...

Kim! How sweet about what your hubby said about your stretch marks! That is sooooo wonderful! Every husband needs to have that perspective. Our bodies aren't the same as they used to be. They bear the badges of motherhood. Understanding husbands help us to wear them proudly!