Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Ears Are Open

Have you ever been trying to tell someone something that you know will help them in the long run but they just don't listen? Imagine how God feels. I picture Him yelling down to us trying to get our attention but we just don't listen sometimes.
I have come to the conclusion that while I am a great listener in the physical world, I have been a terrible listener in my spiritual world. Let me tell you though God has gotten through.
My ears are open Lord!
It all started with that dream I had about going up against the devil. I think that was the clincher that got my attention.
Recently we have been waiting to see if my hubby will be getting a promotion. This promotion is a well deserved, long time coming opportunity for us. The thing is that it all depends on a waiver because hubby has Scoliosis. In planning for this promotion we have been talking about moving into a bigger house, paying off debt with this money and that, etc. We have been going a million miles an hour for the past few months planning on a future that is not yet secured.
I am jumping around but bear with me.
A few months back we made a commitment to tithe 10% of our income to the church. We would be giving in a lump sum with our tax return. However, in order to move into a bigger house we would have to manipulate the payments a bit. Hmmm, bad idea ya think!
Well I don't think that God was too happy with us taking the wheel away from him in our lives. It does not look too good for the waiver to go through and hubby to get his promotion. Not to mention that I had a devastating dream about moving into a big house and having it blow up and all I had left was my dog.
Today hubby and I decided to live life in the now. We will not move regardless of getting the promotion or not. We will keep our commitment to the church, and for once in a long time we feel at peace with our decision. Our house is a bundle of unfinished projects and we have decided not to bail on it for something bigger and better, but to work on making what we have better. Hmmm, could that and my dream be a symbol or what!
We will find out within a week or so about the final decision for the promotion.
This is just one more step for us to lead our lives the way God intends, humbly.
Our ears and hearts are open Lord, please do what you wish and we will follow without question.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kim! So insightful!

Thank you for sharing. I get so much out of your posts.

Happy McNally Mom said...

It is so exciting to hear how the Lord is working in your life. God is so good and patient with us. I have learned over the years after many trials that EVERYTHING is out of my control. All I can do is follow Him and everything will follow.

Sharon said...

Uh-Oh! The Pastor's wife is about to comment on tithing...beware!!

No, actually, what I wanted to say is something I think you figured out already: It's not your money that God's after, it's your heart. Tithing represents that heart sacrifice and trust. By trusting Him with your finances, He will secure for you the way He knows is best. He is a good God. Great passage to read: Luke 11:1-13.

Good words, Kim! Keep us posted on the house and job!

momaof4 said...

Don't you wish we didn't have to work and we could have all we wanted? What fun would that be?

We are in the same boat. I will be praying for the right job, and place for your hubby. And for your family too. Much love

Anonymous said...

Kim, That is so awesome. God is being honored by your humility and your trusting in His timing! Definitely keep us posted.

Alida said...

Oh Kim, I don't think there is anyone out there that doesn't relate to this one.

It is so peaceful to decide to live today and not worry about tomorrow. God will lead you to the path you need to be on. It may mean a bigger house, it may not, but listening to God always lead to a better place!

I'll keep you in my prayers, that your ears remain open to the wonderful sound of God!

Lion Heart said...

Alidas right we can all relate in one way or another. God plan for us is always the best plan for us. Its so great you can realize that! I'm glad we have met looking forward to getting ot know you better!

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you and Richard. I hope he gets this promotion, you both really do deserve it. Remember God has things happen for a reason, whether we like it or not. Also, remember that bigger isn't always better (with houses too). You have both worked so hard on your home and I think it looks great. You will know if God is telling you to move.

Love ya!