Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Addiction

I have an addiction. Don't worry it isn't life threatening, just pathetic.
My Name is Hosmerita, and I am addicted to laundry.
It all began in December.
We got a new washer and dryer. We had to get one because our washer was dying and well our dryer smelled like cat pee .(see post, "Moses the Wonder Kitty")
Well my husband is all about the go big or go home attitude and they had a financing special so we got one of those front loading washers, and I love it.
I hated laundry before, I would let it pile and pile. In fact when I was in college I worked at Nordstrom in the lingerie department (grrrrr), so I had mass quantities of little underwears. Anyways, I went a whole summer without doing laundry once. Yes I had that many pairs of underwear! It's too bad they don't fit anymore (that was 12 sizes ago, oh the horror).
I am getting sidetracked. Anyways, I hated laundry until last December. Now I can't get enough of it. If I wouldn't have already been pregnant in December I might have considered getting pregnant just for the added laundry!
However, as many of you know every addiction has it's drawbacks. I was so fascinated with the fact that my new washer could spin so fast that the clothes were virtually dry that I didn't notice that my lovely washer was tearing tiny little holes in all my clothes. Oooops! Apparently there are different settings to the spin cycle and I was using the one for large blankets on my regular clothes. Oh well lesson learned.
The moral of this story? Well, let's see. Addictions come in all shapes and sizes. The sooner you admit to them, the sooner you can get help. Or Not.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I share your addiction! It didn't start for me either until I got super capacity machines. It's nice to be able to get all the laundry done in a day-even for my family-which is a feat!

I absolutely love laundry now and it was one of my least favorite chores!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I need a front-loading machine, then maybe I could get all the laundry done in my house.

I hate laundry.

momaof4 said...

Can I come use yours?

Anonymous said...

So that's why I don't like to do laundry.... don't tell Scott otherwise he may be tempted to buy one of those nice ones that you have. Actually my least favorite part of laundry is the folding- yuck! Scott actually starts a lot of the laundry and when it's done he says "I have presents for you." I say "I hate your presents!"

The way you are with your laundry machine is how I am with my Dyson vacuum. I know you have one too. It's actually kinda gross to see how much stuff it picks up, even when you do vacuum every other day.

Happy McNally Mom said...

I'm with Karen, can I bring my laundry to you? I have laundry machine envey.

Alida said...

If I admit my addiction, can I get someone to do MY laundry? I don't have a large capacity washer, but I don't mind doing laundry. I just hate putting it away!

AngieG said...

I got a front loader and still hate laundry! What's it gonna take?