Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dear Cancer,

Dear Cancer,
I am writing you this letter to inform you that you being evicted from dwelling in the sweetest woman I know. You made a mistake when you made yourself at home in her cells. She may appear to be weak because she is young and she has a sweet demeanor, but she is one of the strongest women I know.
She has made it through an incredibly lame boyfriend and made her way to a wonderful husband.
She was challenged with the task of college and she answered the call with flying colors.
No, I am sorry cancer but you are not going to stay with my dear friend. You are on notice. She is backed by the best General known to man. God's army will prevail. It is made up of family and friends that will support her through every battle you throw at her. We come at you 1 million times stronger than you can ever be.
At her weakest moments in this battle she will still be stronger than you.
You may take her hair, but you will not take her spirit.
You may make her too tired to get up, but she will still be stronger than you.
Cancer, this is a battle you cannot and will not win, you might as well hit the road now.
I will be here watching you fail.

Sincerely,
One of her angels.

9 comments:

Alida said...

How beautiful, Kim. My prayers are with you and who ever this was for.

Wende said...

What a wonderful post.. (sniff sniff(

momaof4 said...

We are praying for her!! Please keep us updated.

Sharon said...

Beautifully written.

Dear Lord, I echo the words of Kim and ask for your mighty healing hand to be on your dear child.

Anonymous said...

Love this post Kim. I'm so sorry a good friend of yours is dealing with such a difficult disease. We'll be praying here for her.

Anonymous said...

my precious sister. You amaze me more and more everyday. What a wonderful letter for our dear friend and what a blessing you are to us all. You are a gifted writer and I enjoy reading your blog each day. I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I cannot believe you wrote that. It sounds like a professional wrote it, maybe that's because it really touched my heart. Thank you so much for that- it made me cry, but in a good way. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I know I will fine, but this makes it easier to go through when I have wonderful friends like you to help me through this. I love you Kimi!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful letter, Kim. My heartfelt sympathies go out to your dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Kim, that was so beautifully written!! I had to print it out and share it w/ family and friends because I was so touched by it. You are brilliant w/ writing and sharing your feelings. I have learned a lot by reading your blog. Thank you so much for sharing it w/ us and I appologize for not responding sooner.

Love ya, Kindra