Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Thank you Lord for Coffee

I know that there are many more important things that I could write about, but right now I am going to write about my love for coffee.
I know that God gives us the tools to be successful in life and one of the best tools he has given us is coffee. I would not make it through the day with a newborn and a 2 year old without what I call a Hosmocha (yes, I have a strange fascination for combining our last name with other words for amusement. For example Hosmerita and Hosmeritaville. There is also a thing called a Hosmerism. I am a sick puppy I tell you). Anyways it is a poor man's or woman's mocha, 3 scoops of hot cocoa, coffee, hazelnut creamer and if you have it cool whip. Mmmmmm I can now face the day.
Another tool God gives me is a the gift of daydreaming. When the baby wont sleep or Princess is throwing a royal fit I have the amazing ability to tune it out and continue on.
The third gift is the gift of prayer. For the longest time I thought, "What's the point, he doesn't answer me." but oh was I wrong. I look into all three sets of blue eyes in my family and know that my prayers are answered every day. I pray every day for the strength to make it through another hectic day, and guess what I am still here!
Could it be that God has now sent me the Blog? I think so. My sister Kelly referred to it as a billboard asking for help, and it truly is. In a few short minutes I can write down my needs and the love of friends flow into my inbox.
There is nothing like knowing that someone out there cares.
I hope that my future posts amuse you all. I don't know that my life is really that interesting but it does have it's entertainment value. I have a newborn son, that should tell you I will have many more entertaining stories to come!
My MOPS sisters will be happy to hear that instead of watching my smut TV show Passions during nap time I am now writing blogs. I couldn't even tell you what is going on in the town of Harmony.

6 comments:

momaof4 said...

Blogs will do that to you. You have a new job. Reading and writting!! :)

I am doing the 'make your own coffee too!' Not so fun, or as good. But it is all we have right girl!!?

Sharon said...

Great coffee recipe...I'll have to try it! : )

AngieG said...

I'm so glad you posted on my blog and now I will add you to my friends and we can get acquainted! I totally relate to the "friends" thing and will make more effort to reach out myself. Thank you for your honesty.

Alida said...

I'm with you on the coffee thing, rumor has it, my mom used to give me a latte in my bottle!! I don't know what's going on in Harmony either, but boy can I tell you stories about Vic Mackie!! (Don't know who that is? He is the main character on my new all time favorite show...The Shield)

Valerie of Momia said...

Ah-ha! I was wondering where in the world a mother of a 2 year old and a NEW BORN! finds the time to blog. During nap time. Sorry Passions had to go, though. It's such a true depiction of real life! ;)

Anonymous said...

It's about time you joined the coffee bandwagon. :) Just kidding sissy. I literally could not make it thru the day without coffee, friends and god. The days when I am out of coffee I am blessed to have a neighbor who will bring me a cup or vice versa when she it out too. Thank you god for sisters, neighbors, and great friends who also happen to be sisters and neighbors.