Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Good Friend: defined

Over the years I have been trying to figure out what a real friend is. I have had my share of bad friends and decent friends, but I have only had a handful of good friends.
This is what I have so far;
A good friend is one that takes time out of her Chemo ridden day to read your blog and tell you that you are loved.
A good friend gives you a swift kick in the heinie and tells you that your life is full of love.
A good friend brings you pants when you don't fit in any of your own.
A good friend will tell you that you look like crap today but you are still beautiful.
A good friend will cherish your stretch marks.
A good friend stops by on her way out of town and watches smut with you while the kids sleep.
A good friend knows how to make you laugh.
A good friend has a cozy shoulder to cry on.
A good friend can pick up the where you guys left off after not talking for a long time.
Thank you to all my "good friends" out there. Without you I would be a lonely person.

3 comments:

Alida said...

Great definition of a friend. I have a friend who I won't talk to for months and then the phone rings and it goes like this, "Hey,.." and we are off like we just spoke yesterday. I love that.

Anonymous said...

You are for sure my good friend! Even though we live far enough away from each other and it's hard to see each other with our busy schedules, we still can pick up where we left off. I love that. I know whatever happens, you are always there for me, even if it has to be a phone call for us to talk. Thanks Kim. I just love this blog of yours.

Anonymous said...

You are the greatest friend of all!! I love that no matter where we are in life, even if we don't talk everyday, we are there for each other.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Reading your blog makes me feel like I am not 700 miles away. I really enjoy it!! Miss ya!