Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Mother of a 2 year old


It just hit me this morning. I AM THE MOTHER OF A 2 YEAR OLD! Now you might be expecting a painful story of fits etc, but that is an everyday occurrence that doesn't really stand out in my life.

I was sitting on the couch with Ava this morning watching Barney (yes I was watching Barney) and she leaned over and planted a big kiss on me. This wasn't any ordinary kiss. It wasn't the usual mouth open slobber that I am used to. This was a big girl lips closed smack on the lips. My baby girl has become 2 without me really even noticing.

Yesterday she wanted to hold her baby brother for the first time and she has now started to kiss him all over. My little princess is growing up so fast!

This morning was a small vacation from the usual screaming DIVA behavior and it made me realise that I need to have patients with her because so much is going on in her little mind and body that she just isn't used to. I would probably throw a fit too if I had four big teeth coming in, a new baby brother, and my mom was trying to get me to sit on this potty thing all the time. Not to mention she can't get the words out so I understand how she is feeling.

I love you miss Ava, and I will try to be more understanding as to what you are going through.

1 comment:

momaof4 said...

So true. Thank you for pointing that out to me this morning. As I am dealing with my own 2.5 year old. Who is not in a good mood today.

AND I love the name of your blog!!!