Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Dream

I want to thank all of you for your kind words. I feel like God was speaking to me through Erin's Blog. I tend to be the same way as Erin. I tend to look at the negatives and forget about all that I do have. My dear friend Julie reminded me that it is better to have 2 or three really good friends than to have none. I didn't want her, Christa, and Jessica to feel that they weren't enough for me.
I too have my ungrateful moments. I have a wonderful home, a wonderful husband, two perfect gifts from God and I have my health.
I am sure that my blues are caused by hormones, but it so easy to reflect on things when you put your thoughts down on paper.
Please if any of you notice a sadness that doesn't stop in my posts please let me know. I have a fear of not noticing depression.
Just to let you all know I have arranged a play date for this morning with Erin and Ryland. Thank you Erin. I am very excited. I do realise that I am the one at fault for not having more of them. To be honest when she e-mailed me I almost put her off to another week. Something or someone ( I know perfectly well who was talking to me) was shouting in my head to make a date! Don't put it off.
I am trying to make a point of listening to what God is saying to me more. He usually makes his appearances in dreams.

Let me tell you all about a dream I had a month or so ago, and please give me some feedback.
In my dream I was with my High School Friends and we were all around my deck at my childhood home. We were being held captive my the devil and he was trying to get us to join him by eating dirt or something like that.
I decided that all we needed to do was to pray for God's help and we would all be fine. So I lead the group in prayer and we all made it through fine.
As I was praying the devil flew up in front of me and said the following:
"I knew you were going to be a challenge, but I didn't think you would win."
Then I woke up.
What on Earth did that mean?
Any Suggestions?

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Kim! Thanks for your comment on my blog, that was so sweet! So I've found yours now! : ) I look forward to reading your posts and learning more about you!

Your dream was pretty incredible. To actually see the devil talking to you like that is a scary situation--even for dreamland! What I thought was pretty incredible was how awesome your reaction was. I think that reveals a lot about your heart. It makes me feel like maybe, deep down inside, you're fighting something. You know that it's not from God and you know how to win, so it's just a matter of doing it. Just based on this one post, it seems like it would have something to do with fighting depression and making those phone calls to friends like Erin. Our bodies say not to call, but God reveals to us that we should. Good for you, for not letting the blues seize you.

But, I am certainly no dream interpreter, and I don't know you as well as others do, so it'll be intersting for you to see what other feedback you get!

Keep us updated! : )

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sharon...your reaction to the devil in your dream tells a lot about your heart. The other thing I thought of is that you are the Prayer Team Leader for MOPS and maybe it was a challenge because he knows you're blue-sy right now. I dunno, I'm not a dream interpreter either. I noticed you wrote that you set up a date with me for this morning...did I screw up? Alarm bells started to go off in my head! I thought we were on for Thursday AM! In fact, I've got you on my calendar for tomorrow (Thursday) so I hope you didn't make plans with anybody else cuz I'm still coming over whether you like it or not! :) CU Manana.

Wende said...

Kim,
Just know that your dream showed you that you do know that the devil is always there, and you know how to control him. You are a challange to him and you won.. That is the best.
Surround yourself with friends and those who love you and we will not let you get depressed..

Alida said...

I don't know about the dream thing, I'm just so happy I'm on your sidebar!!! Thanks. One more thing, I'm a huge believer in "that little voice inside your head." (which by the way really annoys me, when I want to do the opposite of what it's telleing me)Well, I believe that's how God talks to me. I hear it a lot. Good for you for listening. When you start feeling blue, listen. If you need to talk or rant or maybe even cry, I'm only a phone call away.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know you have been dealing with this. This blog stuff is a great release. As far as the devil, someone told me once that he doesn't really mess with the "luke warm" christians so to speak, but really goes after those who have decided to follow god and who are just starting their trek with the lord and learning to walk his walk. I feel sometimes like maybe god won't love me because I am not reading my bible enough or doing my bible study. I have realized that it's the devil putting these things in my head and that god does love me.

This hit home for me because I too feel challenged ever day by the devil especially when it comes to raising my children. I have also found that he tempts me daily trying to make me believe that I need more money, a nicer car, or nicer clothes. That is the biggest challenge for me, not to get sucked into the materialistic world we live in, and to just follow god and stand on his love.