Monday, September 24, 2007

Laugh with me, not at me...

So the baby shower I threw the other day was my debut as an officer's wife. Let me tell you I pulled it off in true Hosmerita fashion.






The Good:



A nicely cleaned house



Fantastic cake made by my friend Christa



Yummy Costco Veggies and Fruit



Cute Plates



Only two games, and yummy smelling candles for prizes.






The Bad:



I forgot to serve beverages, they were nicely prepared in the fridge, lemonade, peach ice tea, sparkling mineral water. But no, everyone went thirsty. I didn't discover the lack of drinks until after everyone left.






The Ugly:



The three year old that split his head open on my coffee table.






Yep, that is it in a nut shell!






P.S. Did you know that Hydrogen Peroxide gets blood out of carpet pronto!



9 comments:

momaof4 said...

Hmmm, we must have been thinking the same thing about new looks!! Your's is super cute. Love it

Tell Christa I am liking her more and more. What a GREAT cake!!!!

Anonymous said...

The cake is so very cute! I love it. Sorry about the head splitting open incident, but thanks for the tip on getting the blood out, gotta love those household tips.

I love your new look!

Team Johnston said...

Very cute cake! Thanks for the household tip!
Love the new look!
~danielle :)

Glory Laine said...

What a fresh new look and the cake is too amazing to eat.

Sharon said...

That cake is phenomenal!!

I would not do the head-splitting game next time you throw a shower, those games never go over well, and I found that my insurance went up every time.

The blog layout looks super! Someone's joining the techno craze! : )

Valerie of Momia said...

That's an adorable cake! Great tip on the blood thing!

Alida said...

So, I'm gone for two weeks and you get your blogging groove on? Jeez, I've been reading like a mad woman, trying to catch up. I can't beleive how much I missed!

Congrats on the grades and the hubbies promotion. The cake is beautiful. I always forget something in the fridge when I have a party too.

I'm so excited to be sitting with you and Becca this year. Wohoo!
See you tuesday.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for posting on my blog! Yes, Dr Dalisky is my Dr and I just love him! He has been my doctor for about 10 years and I was so happy I didn't have to find an OB and could stay with him.

I'm guessing he's yours too? Do you live in Silverton?

You say here that your husband is an officer...a police officer? If so, is it in Salem?

I love your post about the baby shower and forgetting the drinks...totally something I would do! The cake is gorgeous, does your friend do this as a job or something fun on the side? Either way, she is VERY talented!

Can't wait to read more of your blogs!

Meghan :)

Hosmerita said...

Meghan,
Yes Dr. D is my doc. I live is Salem, I had to go to him becasue my husband is in the military and Dr. Dalisky is the ONLY OB that takes mil. insurance.
We have always tossed the thought of living in Silverton around every now and then. We will have to wait for a few more promotions to be able to do that though!
Can't wait to meet you in person.