Monday, September 10, 2007

Happy Promotion and Anniversary

Well my hubby got his promotion, yay! Except for the fact that we wont see the much needed pay increase for like umm a year and the fact that there is a VERY large chance that he might get lost in the paperwork shuffle and we might not get payed at all for a month, we are excited. God provides, and we will wait patiently and appreciate his gift.


So after this promotion and my straight A's, did I mention that, oh yeah I did. (I only bring it up because I have NEVER ever done that before other than elementary school, and I did it with two munchkins running around)

Anyways...

Hubby asked me what I wanted as a gift to celebrate, I chose a massage and a shirt to wear to the promotion.



When I asked him what he wanted he said this (Ladies, he wanted me to have all of you call your husbands over to the computer to ooooh and awwww at his present, apparently the men are the only ones who can truly appreciate this gift)



My word, yes ladies it is legal, and yes it is real. No ladies, I don't know what he would ever need it for. Yes ladies, I bought it for him. No men, you can't have one too.

Soooo all I have to say is I feel a lot safer having this picture on my blog. Hmmm, yeah I will stick with that for now.

Becca, your NKOB and TIVO are safe (He really wanted Matt to see this pic, he thought he would see the value in it). Val, call me if the Repo man comes back. Solicitors, don't bother even knocking. He told me he would teach me to shoot it, I said umm yeah no thanks, I like my eardrums just fine.

So honey, here is your post. We love you and congrats. Thanks for loving me as much as worldly possible in these last three years, and thanks for even loving my wobbly parts.

Here is to a lifetime of fun memories and wacky gifts.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Congratulations on the promotion!! Or should I say, congrats on the new scary toy?!? That picture freaked me out when I saw it...I don't even know what it's called, other than a g-u-n. When Ben gets home, I'll show it to him and I'm sure he'll rattle off a series of letters and numbers that will adequately name the gun, but still, I'll be left here having no idea what it actually is. Enjoy! : )

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a great big gun! I'll make sure to show it to Jason, it is for Richard's bragging rights after all.

Have a wonderful, well-deserved massage.

And, congratulations on the straight A's. That's definitely a feat with two small kiddos running around.

Anonymous said...

Richard, nice work! Looks like you got yourself a DPMS or Armalite AR-10 with an EOTECH holo sight on it. Excellent choice! Nothing like sending 168 grains of diplomacy down range ;-) Our team just got our new Colt Full Auto M4's in, they were on order for 8 months, I haven't shot mine yet, but it's all tricked out with the works, rail system, surefire LED scout lights, Aimpoints, Magpul CTR stocks etc. There's just a special feeling a guy gets when he gets a new gun, women just wouldn't understand. Side note: Congrats on the straight A's and the new promotion! L8tr

Matt (becca's matt)

Sharon said...

See, Matt rattled off serveral series of letters and numbers, and I'm still completely lost!!

Their Giant said...

Nate approves. Two quotes from my hubby to yours:

"That's a great gun."

"I wanna build one."

Not likely, friend. :)

Valerie of Momia said...

Great idea for the repo man! Forget calling the police! I'm calling YOU!!!! ;)

Valerie of Momia said...

What do you use such a gun FOR???

Valerie of Momia said...

I know it's not an AK47, but just seeing such a gun reminds me of the time I was teaching in La Puente (LA area) and the Sherrif ordered a "lock down" (everyone inside with doors shut and locked, lights off, everyone on the floor). There was this crazy man down the street who had committed a crime and was running around with, yes, an AK47. He shot at the police and made a dramatic dive through a closed window. Perhaps he thought he was in a movie or something. Cut up and bloody, he surrendered.

Perhaps I should start a new blog entitled "Chronicals from the Hood". ;)

Anonymous said...

Its funny how us "Husbands" are speaking to one another via our wife's blog postings. Any who, I figured it was time to post why I wanted such an item as a gift. Forgive my forwardness.
The daily lifestyle that MOST of us live in, is one that we take for granted.
When you flip through your television stations, is it NORMAL for you to stop on CNN a few hours and educate yourself on today’s world? Alternatively, would you rather flip to the next channel and enjoy a show on home makeovers, soap operas, or sports? Sometimes I do prefer the latter of the two, but the nature of my job does not allow me to forget the turmoil that we all live in.
Did you realize that one third of the world's population is Christianity, while roughly another third is Islam, and the rest consists of Hinduism, Buddhism, and less than 10% misc.?
Please realize that the primary terrorist group we face today is RADICAL EXTREMIST ISLAM, not all of Islam. However, based on the numbers you see that this could become a LONG TERM WAR of Biblical proportions. This is not about oil, money, or democracy anymore. It is about a conflict of religion and values between all cultures. Radical Islam FIRMLY BELIEVES that the only means of effective communication they are forced to is violence. Yes, I said forced. This is what they believe, and they will get the point across by any means possible; kids, schools, large scale events, etc.
I have the privilege of serving my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and my Country through my service. Sure, there are other reasons why we are at War, but I view my service obligation as protecting our right to choose our own faith through God given freewill. I will protect this and others at all costs and send my enemy to whatever maker he wishes.
In addition, I like to hunt. With this caliber weapon, I can bring down the largest game the Northwest has to offer, which is obviously the main reason. I just like to speak on a soap box through my wife's blog because nobody else will listen to my jargain.
What ever you do, don't get me started about science!

Richard

Sharon said...

I love how God made boys and girls differently! : ) And I'm so glad Richard is protecting our country! That is awesome! Thanks, Richard!

Hosmerita said...

Oh my dear sweet husband! I turn my blog over to you to use as your soapbox. But just try to keep it in the realm of poopy diapers and mommy stories! Miss You!