Thursday, January 24, 2008

Taxes

I have a rather strange thing to admit. I LOVE preparing taxes. I would do them for everyone if I could. I used to do my Grandma's every year, but this year I think hers will be too complicated. A few years back I even considered taking the HR Block classes and working during tax season.
Anyways, I finished my taxes online last night and they were already approved this morning, so the refund check is on the way!
I am really excited about that money, but not for the reason you may be thinking. I am not going to buy clothes or shoes or chocolate.
This year is much more rewarding. I am going to write a check and walk into the most comforting doors in town, my church. Hopefully with the check we give in 10 - 14 days our wonderful church can put in a few windows or some carpet.
God tells us to give back, and for the first time in my adult life my husband and I will be able to follow his instructions. I am actually so excited about this I can't even believe it.

Thank you Lord for all of your blessings that you have bestowed upon me. Thank you for never giving up, and thank you for putting all the wonderful things on my heart that you do.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow, Kim~that is just awesome! That just totally blew me away. I am so excited to get into that new sanctuary that I can barely stand it! And isn't it the coolest to know that it's God who's building our church but He lets us help in this way! God is so good~and so faithful to provide!

And....I LOVE doing our taxes, too! I think it's just fun! I guess we're both a little crazy that way! : )

Thanks, Kim~very inspiring post!

momaof4 said...

We love doing out taxes EARLY too!! Darren's old job would get his W2's out fast! But now they seem to wait till the 30th. But as soon as we have everything we run to the computer and do it.

Great Idea about puting your tax money to church!! It is a such a joy to be a blessing to a place that is such a blessing to us.

Rachel said...

I wouldn't say I ENJOY doing taxes, but I'm able to complete my company and personal taxes by the end of January every year, so I enjoy being able to complete them.
You are such a giving person. I loke to hear that someone is doing something so unselfish with their tax return money!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I never cared much for doing taxes before we had kids because we always owed money, but since having children that tax rebate is worth its weight in gold.

That's wonderful that you are giving your money back to God! It's such a great feeling to give to the work God is doing.