Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hello y'all!

Hi!
So as I am sure you have guessed, I have been very busy. I have had lots of things I have thought to blog about, but not the time to write.
I started school on Monday, this term doesn't look too bad, pretty well organized, and a lot of busy work.
The biggest news I have is that for the first time in my life I am eating healthy. I am not one to diet, in fact I hate them, I LOVE food way to much to deprive myself. However, I found the perfect diet for me. It is called the Sonoma Diet. It consists of portion sizes and FABULOUS food. No sugar or fruit for the first 10 days, that has been tough, but I am almost through it. My husband and I started on the 1st (he has since fallen off the wagon, derailed by a package of fruit snacks and bread at the Roadhouse. He is however eating a lot better than he used to, no fast food.) since then I have lost 8 lbs and counting! I am back in the gym and feeling great!
So I guess you could all take this as a plug for the Sonoma Diet. You can find the book on Amazon, and it is great, it is a lifestyle change, not deprivation.
Hope you all are doing well,
Kim

7 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Go Kim! Sounds perfect except for the not eating sugar and bread part. When are they going to come up with a sugar and bread fest diet. Sign me up. Oh wait I'm already on it.

Rachel said...

Wow! 8 pounds is great! I'm glad you're happy with the food choices you get to make. I really think that makes a big difference in being successful!

momaof4 said...

Do you get to bring some sugar back in later??? Hmm. We have been talking about something like that over here too. Might have to look into it! What gym??

Ona said...

Great job Kim!!! I can not do any diets that consist of depriving my body from carbs. My weekness...bread and pasta. I on the other hand of gained the last few weeks. Oh well!

Sharon said...

Way to go, Kim! That's awesome. I can't wait to get back in the gym, too! I'm planning to join in February. Keep up the good work! SOOOO good to have you in small group last night! I'll miss you the next couple of weeks, but we'll see you soon! : )

Lion Heart said...

thats impressive! you go girl!

Unknown said...

8 pounds already?? That is awesome! It's so nice to hear someone who is eating healthy and loving it!!