Sunday, October 21, 2007

Moses Needs a New Home





Hello All,

I am in desperate need for a wonderful new home for Moses the Wonder Cat. I have VERY bad asthma and can no longer deal with the allergies. Tonight we had to take our dog to the vet because him and Moses we playing and Moses' back claw scratched Gizmo's eye.He is a wonderful cat and I love him so much and I am sobbing as I write this, but I have truly hit a wall. He deserves to be in a wonderful home and I need your help.

He is so sweet and is so personable. He thinks he is a dog and loves his tummy scratched. He will want to snuggle.

Here are the facts of Moses:

He was hit by a car when he was 4 weeks old, so he has an amputated tail and a pin in his hip. (Neither of these hinder him whatsoever)

He has his tendons cut so he can't scratch up furniture, however this means that he can NEVER go outside.

He loves the window so access is a must.

But most of all he just wants to be loved. We would prefer if he went to a home without kids (Princess has put him through enough.) but if they are older and know not to sit on him or be mean to him(unlike Princess) then that is fine. We would also prefer a home without other animals, or at least ones who are open for a new friend.

With the fiding of a new home I will privide the following:
Litter Box
Littermate (Diaper Genie for cat poo)
20lb bag of food unopened
40lb box of litter unopened (maybe unopened, depends on how long it takes to find him a home)
Food and Water Dishes
If you can't take him in please pray that we will find him a new loving home. This is really heavy on my heart because he is a member of our family, and we love him, but want the best for him.

Thank You...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how sad for you. I am a softie at heart for pets and I know this must be difficult for you.

I hope you find the perfect home for Moses.

You could try posting an ad on Craigslist. Some people charge a small re-homing fee, like $10 or $15 to make sure the pet goes to a good home. Just a thought.

Julie said...

Kim, I'm so sorry! I am a real cat lover, but can't have a cat due to Mark's allergies... I sure hope that you find him a good home to live in!

About your comment on my Random Things post... I think I know which dolls you are talking about. Check out my post "Dreams Do Come True", and tell me if those are the outfits!!

Julie said...

I had those dolls, too! They are LONG gone now, I think the dog got to them or something...

Let me know if your sis doesn't want them...

Unknown said...

I'm so sad for you. I don't know what I would do if we had to find a new home for our dog, I just love her. Good luck with this and sorry you have to find him a new home.

Sharon said...

How hard! I completely understand! We had a cat for 14 years (he died last year). He had also been hit by a car as a kitten and had hip issues, but he was a fat little sweetie like it looks that Moses is! I hope/pray you find just the right home for him~somewhere that will make you feel so good about his future! Unfortunately, Poco would NOT be welcoming to him, otherwise I'd take him! : (

AngieG said...

Kim, It sounds like such a sweet deal and I wanted to cry with you. Unfortunaely, Jim's alergic to cats. I tested him once when we were first married (didn't totally believe it was all alergy - thought it was more of a dislike of cats). I sat with a friends cat on my lap when Jim was not with me. When I arrived home, he asked within five minutes if I had been around a cat that day! UGH! Moses will find a place. I'm sure of it.

Valerie of Momia said...

I have to crazy cats already. I really hope you find a great home for yours!!!

(P.S. I just published the conlusion to Mystery Monday. You're the first to know!!!!)

Lara said...

I'm sorry you have to let Moses go. I will keep my ears open to see if I can find someone who would love to adopt him. I hope he will find a good home soon.

Rachel said...

How sad to have to give away your pet. We're not really a pet family (I travel too much) but I'll ask around!