Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yummy Yummy

So I am not the gourmet kind of cook, but give me a recipe and I can take a shot at it. Last night it was the mother of two, full time student trying to make dinner for the family bulls eye. This was my kind of recipe. It was rather tasty I must say! I loved that it wasn't fried and super fast and easy to make. So I thought I would share it.

Oven-Baked Chicken Parm Ragu Style
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 egg beaten
1 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1 jar Ragu
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Makes 4 servings

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Dip Chicken in egg, then bread crumbs coating well (kind of a gross step but super fast, I lined all the pans up touching each other so there was no spillover)

In a 13x9-inch glass baking dish, arrange chicken.

Bake UNCOVERED 20 minutes

Pour Ragu over chicken, then top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes (I did 15) or until chicken is no longer pink in the center (come on moms use your x-ray vision hence the 15 minutes)

Super fast took me 10 minutes if that to prep. And Richard thought I was some fab chef. Try it then let me know if you like it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great reciipe. I think I will try it some time. I like to make Chicken Parmigiana, but it takes a long time to make it-this looks like a great variation.

Thanks for the tip.

Sharon said...

Sounds yummy! I'll pass it on to the cooks in my family: my husband and daughter! :)

Valerie of Momia said...

That sounds great!! I'll totally try it when I my oven's working again...it's been a month now!!! I'll have to explain later. Probably in a blog!

Sharon, is Ben going to put a SECOND egg in it? ;)

Alida said...

Great! Now I have a recipe for tonight from Erin and one for Thursday night. Thank you!

AngieG said...

I'm thinking like Alida - with Erin's cleaning tips and recipe ideas - and now KIM's recipe - I might even pass as a "housewife."